Creating a blog
We no longer maintain the Knowledge Base since version 4.3.x. All the latest user and developer documentation for 4.3.x and newer versions is now available at docs.cs-cart.com.
- This article applies to CS-Cart versions:
To create a built-in blog in your store:
Install the Blog add-on (if it is not installed yet):
- In the administration panel of your store go to Add-ons > Manage add-ons and switch to the Browse all available add-ons tab.
- Find the Blog add-on and click the Install button. The add-on will appear in the Installed add-ons tab.
- Activate the add-on changing its status to Active.
Create your blog posts:
- Go to the Website > Blog section.
- Click the + button in the top right corner of the page.
- Fill in the fields of the given form:
- Choose the parent page of a post. Leave it Root level page if you want this post to be displayed as the main page of a blog.
- Complete the Name field. It will be a blog post header.
- Place your blog post contents to the Post description field.
- Fill in other fields. Their description you can find here.
- Click Create and close. Your post will appear in the Website > Blog section.
- Choose you newly created post by clicking on its name. You will see two additional tabs on the post editing page: Comments (if the Comments and Rewiews add-on is enabled in your store) and Layouts.
- Manage settings in these tabs, if you wish. Their description you can find here.
- Save the changes.
- Create other posts of your blog in the same manner.
This is an example of how your blog page will look like in the storefront:
To customize all blog pages appearance, go to the Design > Layouts section and choose the Blog location.
How to add the Recent posts section to your storefront you can read here.