Importing Product Data from CS-Cart Version 1.3.4-SP3 into CS-Cart Version 2.0
We no longer maintain the Knowledge Base since version 4.3.x. All the latest user and developer documentation for 4.3.x and newer versions is now available at docs.cs-cart.com.
- This article is available only for CS-Cart versions:
To import product data from CS-Cart version 1.3.4-SP3 itto CS-Cart version 2.0:
- Export product data from CS-Cart version 1.3.4-SP3:
- Log in to the administration panel of CS-Cart version 1.3.4-SP3 and click on the Export catalog link in the CATALOG side box on the left.
- Specify the following settings:
- Disable the Export images option if you do not need to export product images.
- In the CSV delimiter select box, select a delimiter to be used in the CSV file.
- Click the Export button under the CSV delimiter option.
- You will be proposed to open or save the CSV file. Save it to your local computer.
- Change the saved file so that it contains only the column names that are supported in version 2.0:
- Open the saved CSV file using a spreadsheet application (e.g. MS Office Excel or OpenOffice Calc).
- Remove the following columns together with all the data they contain:
product_id product_type length width height low_avail_limit
- Replace only the column names (in the first row) in the following way:
product_code -> Product code avail -> Available manufacturer_id -> Manufacturer list_price -> List price amount -> Quantity min_amount -> Min quantity weight -> Weight shipping_freight -> Shipping freight is_edp edp_shipping -> Ship downloadable tracking -> Inventory tracking free_shipping -> Free shipping feature_comparison -> Feature comparison zero_price_action -> Zero price action price -> Price product -> Product name short_description -> Short description full_description -> Description meta_keywords -> Meta keywords meta_description -> Meta description page_title -> Page title main_category -> Category thumbnail -> Thumbnail detailed_image -> Detailed image
- Save the file.
NOTE: The order of fields is not important in the file which will be imported.
- Import the edited file into CS-Cart version 20.