Upgrading the trial version to the full one
We no longer maintain the Knowledge Base since version 4.3.x. All the latest user and developer documentation for 4.3.x and newer versions is now available at docs.cs-cart.com.
- This article is available only for CS-Cart versions:
The differences between real and trial versions are:
- PHP files are encoded in the trial version
- There are only 5 default CS-Cart skins in the trial version.
NOTE: They do not have any difference in databases.
To upgrade the trial version to the full one:
- Find out what CS-Cart version you use
- Download the distribution package of the same CS-Cart version on the File area page of the Customer Help Desk.
- Unpack the distribution package
- Copy all its files to the directory where the trial version of CS-Cart is installed overwriting all PHP files except the config.php file located in the root directory of your CS-Cart installation (it is not encoded, but it contains information about database and hosting servers).
- Copy missing skin directories and files to the var/skins_repository directory.
NOTE: You should not execute the install.php script (that may overwrite your existing MySQL database). So your existing MySQL database will remain unchanged.